Hurricane Harvey has dumped nearly 50 inches of rain in and around areas of Houston, Texas, destroying 30,000 – 40,000 homes, with thousands of people still remaining stranded.
If you want to help HARVEY hurricane victims in Texas, but aren’t sure where to start, tax-exempt charities that have indicated they are accepting Harvey-specific donations include:
- American Red Cross: To make a financial donation, visit their website, call 1.800.RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation for those in need.
**NOTE: Robert Craft has announced he will match the first $1,000,000 donated to the Red Cross.**
- Catholic Charities of USA: To make a financial donation, visit CCUSA’s disaster-specific website or text 71777 to make a donation.
- Global Giving: To make a financial donation, visit their website or text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10 to Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund: Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund that will accept tax deductible donations. To make a financial donation, visit the GHCF website.
- Salvation Army: To make a financial donation visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org, call 1.800.SALARMY or text STORM to 51555.